Translate

Friday, September 12, 2014

I want her baby

Hi Yolanda,

I am a 24 year old female. I have a great job. I just completed my degree from one of the best universities in South Africa, and I have an absolutely amazing boyfriend. My friends are awesome, my family is healthy... Everything seems perfect, yet I am unhappy.

Recently, I had been joking to my boyfriend about marriage and having a baby. For a while I thought it was just jokes. Till one day, my best friend told me that she is pregnant...again. As much as I wanted to be happy, I was very jealous. I started crying, not out of joy, but because I found it so unfair. This is her third child and I do not even have one. What if I can never have babies? What if I am one of those girls who are just career driven and I will never have kids and I will just be horrible and die with just 30 cats?

Please help me, I do not want to be such a selfish friend.

Baby Friend

 Hi Baby Friend, 

Babies are... a gift. And the one thing I know for sure is that your gift is on the way. 

I think these days, to be 24 and not have a baby is rare. Personally, I think you should be proud of yourself.  

You seem like someone who has things planned  out, and I am sure a baby is one of them. And this is nothing to feel bad about. If you spoke to your boyfriend about marriage and babies and he did not run...that is a man to hold on to. 

Take the time to revel in your relationship. Take the time to be there for your best friend, you can learn a few things from her for when you are pregnant. 

Also, talk to her about how you feel. I am pretty sure she will sympathize and understand.  Best friends should share everything. 

It is not wrong for you to envy your best friend about a baby, it is a woman thing to feel. One day, someone will be jealous of you. But you need to be patient for your turn. It will come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment